Let’s face it: planning a trip is hard and really time-consuming.
Think about all of the things that you have to do whenever you want to travel. Find the right flight, the right accommodation, a way to travel in the country, things to do there, cool places where you can eat…
Then you start wondering: do I need to have a visa there? Do I need to do specific vaccines? Do I need an insurance? Is there threats or tourist scams I should be aware of? Is there cultural differences I should pay attention to?
SnapAbroad.com is a Minimum Viable Product (MVP) that enables busy travellers, backpackers, and digital nomads to save plenty of time when planning and booking a trip by combining the major booking websites (such as Kayak, Expedia, Booking.com, Trivago…) on one single website.
• Developed the front-end with React.js and Redux
• Developed a back-end server to access REST APIs and scrape data from certain travel websites with Node.js, Express.js
• Deployed parts of the project on the Google Cloud Platform (GCP)
• Did an initial Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) of the website
• Established affiliate partnerships with various travel websites
Client: (Personal Project)
Service: Web Development